MEMIC Privacy Notice
This section describes how we safeguard the privacy of our customers on-line and throughout our businesses.
- Recognition of a Customer's Expectation of Privacy
MEMIC recognizes and respects the privacy expectations of its customers and will take the steps necessary to protect the privacy of the information shared with MEMIC.
- Use, Collection and Retention of Customer Information
MEMIC collects, retains and uses information about individual customers only where MEMIC reasonably believes it would be useful (and allowed by law) in administering MEMIC's business and to provide products, services and other opportunities to its customers.
- Maintenance of Accurate Information
MEMIC has established procedures so that a customer's financial information is accurate, current and complete in accordance with reasonable commercial standards. MEMIC also responds to requests to correct inaccurate information in a timely manner.
- Limiting Employee Access to Information
MEMIC limits employee access to personally identifiable information to those with a business reason for knowing such information. MEMIC educates its employees so that they will understand the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy. MEMIC also takes appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce employee privacy responsibilities.
- Protection of Information via Established Security Procedures
MEMIC maintains appropriate security standards and procedures regarding unauthorized access to customer information.
- Restrictions on the Disclosure of Account Information
MEMIC does not reveal specific information about customer accounts or other personally identified data to unaffiliated third parties for their independent use, except for the exchange of information with reputable credit reporting agencies to maximize the accuracy and security of such information or in the performance of bona fide corporate due diligence, unless
- the information is provided to help complete a customer initiated transaction;
- the customer requests it;
- the disclosure is required or allowed by law; or,
- the customer has been informed about the possibility of such disclosure for marketing or similar purposes through a prior communication.
- Maintaining Customer Privacy in Business Relationships with Third Parties
If personally identifiable customer information is provided to a third party, MEMIC insists that the third party adhere to strict privacy guidelines that provide for keeping such information confidential.